9.12.2011

Jimmy's Food Store

Jimmy's Food Store is my favorite place to go in Dallas for sandwiches.  I've tried almost every sandwich on the menu, but it's hard to cheat on my favorites.  I've found that I'll usually get the Muffaletta or the Italian Beef sandwich, but the Paninos and the Italian Stallion are great too.  Although if you have the time, or if you're smart enough to call ahead, you can get the Cuban.


Once you try this Cuban, you will forget that you had to wait for it.  It's my favorite Cuban sandwich in Dallas.  The slow roasted pork is so flavorful and tender, and the ham adds just the right amount of salt.  But I must warn you, if you aren't really in to spicy stuff, ask for the Mojo sauce on the side.  I like spicy food (a lot) and that stuff blows me away, so I opt to add just the right amount on my own.

The tasty sandwiches aren't the only amazing thing about Jimmy's.   It's also a gourmet grocery store  specializing in Italian imports and local foods.  I always kick myself when I end up buying my olive oil or Italian sausage at a grocery store chain.  They also sell homemade pastas, and a wide array of olives, cheeses, and peppers.

And of course, they have a great produce selection compiled of fruits, vegetables and herbs from local growers and the garden behind the store!


If you haven't been to Jimmy's before, I strongly urge you to go for lunch.  Browse the store while they make your sandwich and try a specialty soda or grab a Kinder Bueno bar.

Jimmy's Food Store
4901 Bryan Street (@ Fitzhugh)
Dallas, Tx 75206

Call 214-823-2104 15 minutes ahead to order the Cuban!

No comments:

Post a Comment